Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pink & Grey Elephant Baby Shower

This past Sunday we were able to have my Sister in laws baby shower! They went with a pink and grey elephant theme for the nursery so we just figured the shower should have the same theme! My mom and I offered to throw it and we had alot of fun coming up with ideas. Since I'm having a boy it was exciting to buy girl stuff and have the shower cutesy and all girly. Drew got pretty much everything on her registry too, so that is always helpful!! I'm so happy for her and my brother and I cant wait to see their little girl! She is due May 2nd.
The Decor
 

 This was the cake table. At first we had the cups there but then moved them since it would have been cramped, so it ended up being the cake and party favor table. I put the Frosted Icing Animal Crackers in the bags and just used pink twist ties. They were really cute, easy and cheap to make. everyone loved them too!
 
Pink polka dot favor bags- Hobby Lobby
Pink and Grey Cups- Party City
Forks- Party City
Plates & Napkins- Party City
Glass Vases- Walmart
Gumballs- Party City
I thought it would be a cute idea if we used candy as a decor piece. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone kind of deal. Party city has this huge bin of colored candies 15/$1. we bought 15 of each light pink, hot pink and white gumballs, put them in a vase and tied and baby ribbon around it and TADA!!!


We ordered the cake from out local grocery store, King Soopers. It was chocolate on the inside and delicious! I had 2 big slices! What? I'm pregnant, I do what I want! Elephant decor is VERY VERY hard to find, unless you order off Etsy and pay $83,747,834 for a banner. We found the elephant candles at the very last minute and were so excited!
 
Pink Blocks- no clue, my mom got those
Other Blocks- already came on the cake
Elephant Candles- Party City ( They were on the party favor wall)

 My mom was going to make one of those "diaper cakes" but with washcloths but we decided not to so we just put the washcloths around the bottom and stuck the straws in the middle!
 Pink polka dot balloons- Hobby Lobby
Pink and White Paper Lanterns- Hobby Lobby

My wonderful brother hanging the lanterns. FYI: the lanterns do not coming with the string to hang them... So we used grey polka dot ribbon which was fine, but strong would have be nice.

 
The Food and Drinks



 
Ice Bucket- Dollar Tree
Punch Bowl- Dollar Tree
Drinks- Sweet Tea from Chick-fil-A
Pink Lemonade Sherbet Punch. Which was the most amazing thing ever! After the 5th cup though it definitely made your head hurt from all the sugar.

 
Elephant picture holders- Party City
 
The Games
 
The first game my little brother actually found. At first I thought it would be kind of dumb, but it was actually so funny!
 
Paper Plate Drawing Game-
Everyone gets a paper plate and you put it on top of your head and draw a baby. Sounds dumb right? We laughed so hard at everybody baby drawing, it was hilarious! We ended up playing this game 3 times! We even played one round of trying to draw a bunny. Mine came out like the Caribbean Islands :(
 

 
The last 2 games I don't have pictures of because my camera decided to break after this...
 
We put reeses pieces in a big baby bottle and had to guess how many were in there.
 
The 3rd game was pretty hard honestly. It was called The Candy Bar Matching Game. Here is a link for it. http://www.fun-babyshower-games.com/candy-bar-matching-game.html
 
Myself and the guest(s) of honor :) I am 38 weeks here and she is 32 weeks! So close!!!
 Myself, my momma and Drew
 Belly Power!
 
All in all I thought the shower turned out great! We had lots of laughs and Drew was shower with adorable gifts! I think she had almost 25 people show up in the end! Success!!
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
~Ashley~

 

No comments:

Post a Comment