Monday, March 3, 2014

Hospital Bag Essentials - Labor

I have been researching "hospital bags for labor" for weeks now. It seems everyone has an opinion but mostly it is all the same items, give or take. I don't want to be that women who packs for a week long vacation but I also want to be cozy and have some things from home. I think my bag is perfect so hopefully this may help some of you :)

Disclaimer- This is my first baby but I looked at checklists from moms who had more than one baby :)

So this is my bag. Fancy, huh? It's just an average sized duffle.

 
This is what is in the duffle. With the exception of Corey's stuff. But his things will be easy and half of it are electronics and chargers.
  My bag of toiletries :) I got the bag on clearance from Target, I think it was $6.98. Now some of this stuff I may not even use and that's fine. I just want to have it lol I know there will be a gazillion pictures and honestly I don't want to look like an ogar. Don't get me wrong there will be NO smokey eyes or red lips but I would like to look somewhat put together.
 
Makeup
BB Cream - Urban Decay
Waterproof Mascara - Givenchy
Concealer - Tarte
Powder - Laura Mercier
Bronzer/Blush Duo - Nars
2 chap sticks - Fresh and YSL
Waterproof eyeliner - Urban Decay
Brow Pencil- Laura Mercier
 
Skin/Body/Hair
Makeup Wipes - Ponds
Face Wash - Fresh Soy Cleanser
Face Moisturizer- Fresh Lotus
Coconut Oil
Shampoo/Conditioner - Travel size Herbal Essences
Toothbrush/Toothpaste
Body Lotion- Travel size
Hand Sanitizer
Deodorant and Body Wash- Travel size
Bobby Pins and hair tyes
 
 
 BABY STUFF
Car Seat :) Duh

 This is a Graco Snug...a bug...rider... Something like that :) Also make sure your base is correctly put it! Babies R US will do it for you. Also fire stations!

Mittens, socks and a wubbanub thing... whatever they are called
 Newborn outfit from Target that I am so obsessed with!!!
 Another newborn outfit with penguins. This one seems a bit bigger so if he ends up being a bowling ball then this will fit him better.....ooooooo contraction :(
 All better...
I know they have blankets there but it will probably be cold outside so I thought a heavier blanket would be good and a receiving one.
 For Mama
I know I will need more than one nursing bra but this is what I have for now. Also I will be on leave for almost 3 months so I feel a "sleeping" nursing bra will be fine. This is from target and it 's super comfy!
2 tops- one is loose and flowy. The other is a bit tighter but longer. Both are easy to pull down or off when I need to nurse.
Lightweight zip-up hoodie - I had to buy this one at Target since all of my hoodies are pullover ones and I thought it would be a pain.
2 comfy pants - one pair of yoga pants and one legging. I didn't buy new pants, I'm just using old faded ones. I have heard from numerous moms that your pants get...dirty and stained. So what's the point?
 

 
Some ladies also recommended
Robe- I don't feel I need this. I'll have a hoodie
Slippers - ehhh not sure. I have cabin socks which are super thick.
Nursing Pads- Need to get
Nipple Cream- Coconut Oil should be fine
 
 
For Daddy
Camera/Charger
Video Camera/Charger
Cells/Charger
Nook/Charger
Sleep Clothes
Normal Day Clothes
Slippers/Socks
Snacks/Drinks - A daddy boot camp class he went to told him to bring a small cooler to keep everything in which I thought was a good idea.
Tylenol/Excedrin
Toiletries
Blanket/Small Pillow
 
So Corey needs to get on this...sometime this week...
 
After Hospital Care
Here are what the ladies say you should get
Jumbo thick extra long pads - oooh sexy
Aloe Gel/witch hazel - To put on the pads, then put them in the fridge/freezer for some...who-hah relief
Tucks Pads- whatever that is
Dermoplast - The blue cap bottle not the red
Granny Panties- I got some boyshorts today. Nothing fancy, you will throw them away.
Nursing Pads
Heating Pad
A Belly Band
 
Did I forget anything?
~Ashley~
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Boppy pillow, it'll be a lifesaver and a nursing cover. You can use a blanket, but you'll be adjusting and getting the hang of things so I made sure to have a cover for Rylan. Much easier. If you need nursing tank tops, I love target and H&M. Make sure you take lots of pictures and include yourself in them even if you think you look bad. You'll want them later regardless. The hospital will give you the witch hazel spray/bottles and take anything thats open. Diapers, wipes, diaper cream, nipple cream...once its open you pay for it. My nurse had Kyle bring in a little bag just for all the stuff you take home. Both hospitals I delivered at had a little mini fridge in the room so he probably won't need the cooler...I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Haha I looooove it too!!! I don't think Corey is too keen on it but hey I'm doing the hard part so I can dress him how I want lol

      Delete
  3. I would definitely bring a body pillow! I clung to mine with Braelynn was born!!!

    ReplyDelete