Wednesday, April 3, 2013

* Friends*

One show that I can never turn away from is The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. It’s a train wreck, but I have to watch it. I use to watch the Orange County one but now days I just can’t stand Vicki, because she is crazy and loud, so loud! But as I sit and watch the show I can’t help to think how those women put up with that. They go on the show pretending to be “friends” but all they do is fight and stab each other in the back over and over. Just because you have money doesn’t mean you can buy true friendship. I would never yell and scream at a friend if we had a disagreement. Don’t get me wrong I have had plenty of issues with friends and “friends” but it certainly never got as heated as these women get. Maybe it’s the fact I’m scared of confrontation and hate when someone is mad at me. So I try my hardest to make sure everyone likes me, which is not a good trait to have sometimes. When do you just give in and when do you fight? I would rather give in than to have it go so wrong you can never go back.
I always think back to my friendships in high school honestly. I went wrong quite a few times and it ended up with us not talking for over 4 years. Sometimes you just have to admit you’re wrong and say you’re sorry if you truly care for the other person and want them to be a part of your life. Suck it up and take one for the team. Now we are close and laugh about memories and make new ones. So now being an adult I am always aware of how not to hurt my friends and to not make the same mistakes I did when I was a bitchy teenager.
I firmly believe that certain people are in your life when they are for a reason. Sometimes you need to miss people to realize what you have and what you want. Different chapters in your life call for different characters. Each person brings something meaningful whether it is good or bad. Right now I am happy with my friends. I may not have a sorority of girls I can count on but I do have a good handful. I would rather have a few girls I know have my back through anything then to have 15 who talk behind it.

What are your thoughts?
Thanks for reading and following :)
~Ashley~
















No comments:

Post a Comment