Thursday, August 28, 2014

Piyo & Shakeology begins - 4 months post baby

4 months post baby and I have had about zero motivation. I did start doing the Jillian Michaels Week Shred dvds which are crazy by the way.  But I wasn't eating as great as I could have. I did that for about 2 weeks then stopped. Not sure why, I just did.

With great timing my awesome sister in law posted on Facebook that she ordered this workout called " piyo". So my curious self texted her ASAP to get the scoop. She told me it is a high intensity,  low impact mix of pilates and yoga. She also ordered Shakeology, which I have wanted to try for years!!! Long story short she convinced me to get it. It was on sale too so I saved about $30 or so buying the Piyo/shakes package. Woot woot!! I also signed up to be a Coach. You get a 25% discount on all Beachbody products and make some extra money if you want. But you can totally not sell anything and just get discounts if you want!! Uhhhh, ok!

A week later it finally came!!! Finally! I couldn't wait to put Corbin to bed so I could work out !! I made a shake for dinner by using one of the recipes from the book. Chocolate Shakeology,  peanut butter and banana,  it was delish!!!

Shakeology is a powdered shake product. You get a month of shakes per bag. They have 4 different flavors but I hear the chocolate was the best. So that's what I got. The shakes help you lose weight, improve your digestion,  reduce cravings and increase energy and stamina.  They have tons of protein, amino acids, antioxidants,  superfoods, probiotics and enzymes. As wells as super-greens and herbs.

1 shake  has the nutrition of
- 3 cups of romaine lettuce
-4 cups of raw mushrooms
- 1 shot of wheatgrass
- 1 bowl of exotic fruit
- 3 onions
- 7 raw carrots
- 4 cups of yogurt
- 4 cups of red radishes
- 4 cups of raw broccoli
- 1 cup of peas
- 10 cups of raw cauliflower

holy moly!!!

Piyo is perfect who wants to burn fat and tone the whole body. Your moving the whole time and only use your bodyweight. No jumping around like a frog and no pounding on your knees . Its cardio and strength training at the same time. Your moving the whole time and it doesn't take over 45 minutes.  Most are 30 min, if that. Which is great when Corbin decides to only naps for 30 minutes instead of 2 hours :( im so excited for this program.   I feel like it is so doable and actually something that I will stick with.

I may never get back to my size 1 jeans and I am ok with that. I just want to tone  and to lose the belly jiggle ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment