Monday, March 17, 2014

Dressing your Baby Bump

* Quick tips at bottom of post *

Trying to find clothes that fit your ever changing body can be quite the task when your pregnant. In the 1st trimester I never fit into ANY maternity clothes but I was getting too pudgy for all my normal clothes. I couldn't go buy new pants so I just wore leggings and dresses, ALL the time! I think I have only bought 3 pairs of maternity bottoms and a few tops. Oh and that Belly Band is a life saver in the beginning, until you get too fat and it hurts to wear! :( Maternity clothes have come SUCH a long way but you will definetly pay top dollar for the cute ones and still they just don't fit "right".

So let me give you some tips on dressing your baby bump!

FIRST TRIMESTER

You don't look cute prego right now, you just look like a stuffed sausage. Anything flowy and loose fitting will be your best friend. Which is great since that's the style now!
 
 




Long flowy top and leggings. Staples!


Below I remember kind of having a bump but not really. Maxi skirts are great. This one is from H&M and so is the top actually.
 
 
SECOND TRIMESTER
 
The "cute preggo" stage. Tight or flowy you look cute as a button regardless. Score!
 

As the weather got a bit chillier and it was October I starter wearing sweaters. These are my maternity jeans, the only ones I bought. I got them at Macy's on sale and I bought XS. It took a while for them to fit my butt and thighs but they were super comfy! The sweater was one of the tops I bought. Liz Lange Maternity at Target. On sale for $24.99 and I had a coupon! Woot!
 
I think I was around 18 weeks in this picture. We drove up to Vail for a few days and I had strep throat. I was so sick we left a day early to come home :(
 
 
Oh one of the many Target fitting room pictures...
This was about 20 weeks preggo. So I had a cute little bump. He was so tiny in there! This was my favorite stage because you just looked cute! You felt good, your hair and skin is doing great things!
These were the maternity jeans. The top is just a long sleeved tshirt. Uggs were really the only shoes that did not kill my feet.
 
At 24 weeks I was put on bedrest for a little over a month. Little guy was trying to come out to play way too early! Below is my first time out in weeks. I was feeling like death but I had to go to the store for food.
Maternity jeans.
A normal top from Target and a long white tank under.
You can get by for a long time wearing normal tops you have just by putting a long tank under them!
 
 
 
 
THIRD TRIMESTER
 
I liked wearing tighter fitted things. Flowy, loose clothing made me feel like a whale. I only have this belly for a little bit long so I might as well show it off while I have an excuse. :)
 
32 weeks
Finding a dress to fit your bump at this stage proved to be a task! I looked everywhere for a flowy dress that did not make me look like a tent! Also everything now wants to fit at your natural waist, well preggos don't have one of those. So finding something to fit under the boobs was tricky.
 
I found this dress at Nordstroms Rack on clearance for $19.99 !! I can also wear it this summer during that awkward getting back into shape stage.
This is at 38 weeks
Hot, bloated and ready to have a baby.
Black leggings, white long tank and a very light button down top.
This was a before picture. See that cute little belt? Adorable...wore it for 5 minutes and then took it off because it was suffocating me. Atleast I tried!

 
That concludes us to 39 weeks, almost 40 weeks. Look at that! Still pregnant... Any day now...
Yoga pants and a tshirt.. no shame.

 
 
Hope this helps a little bit. Below are some other blogs that I think are great with fashion options.
 
 
 
 
There are PLENTY of blog links on pinterest too.
 
*** I have found great deals at
Target and H&M. They both have a Maternity section and are affordable. But I found things to fit in their "normal" section as well.
 
*** If you get a few bottom pieces and maybe 3-4 tops you can mix them into your wardrobe you have already.
 
*** Always go bigger with the tops!
 
*** Be prepared for your feet to swell up so much NONE of your shoes fit.
 
*** If your short like me, under 5'4, finding pants will make you go insane! Shop the junior department and use a belly band.
 
*** Use a hair tye and loop it through the button hole on your pants. This will get your through many months!
 
*** Don't "guess" how big you will be at a certain time.It will be too small by the time you wear it. Buy something when you need it. I promise you it will save your mind!
 
*** By thin socks. Even if it is 10- degrees outside and a blizard, your feet will get hot, which makes your whole body hot.
 
*** In the beginning a bra with no underwire and no padding is gold! GOLD I tell you!
 
*** You will have to sleep in your husbands tshirts since none of yours will fit. "Even my big comfy shirts"? Yup even those! Boy shirts are MUCH softer anyway.
 
********* Invest in a small fan to point directly on you at night!!!!******** I know, not fashion related but you'll need it :)
 
Thanks for stopping by!
~Ashley~
 


No comments:

Post a Comment