Sunday, March 23, 2014

40 weeks Pregnant

Yup! Still pregnant. Out of all the things we have been through with this baby trying to come early, he seems as happy as a clam in there now. So we are going in after him, he may have gotten lost! Wednesday morning at 8am ( uhg gross ), we will be at the hospital gettting induced. I hope to God he comes quickly, but he probably won't because that's just our life. I have been dilated at 3cm and a smidge for over a week now so I am REALLY hoping I can bypass the Cytotec and go straight to the Pitocin. Now this Pitocin stuff...scary. I won't lie. I honestly shouldn't have even looked up what it was in the first place. All it has done is just give me anxiety, which I have plenty of without Googles help. I won't say anything else about it in case your like me :) But what I have to keep telling myself over and over again is that I'm not the doctor. I have never done this before and I shouldn't act like I know everything just because Google told me. I shouldn't be freaked out because Sammy Jo's sister's cousin's, sister in law from Georgia had a bad delivery with it 4 years ago. I trust my doctor 150% and I know I will be fine. I'm not the first women to be induced and certainly not the last. And I have ALREADY tried EVERY old wives tale there is to induce labor, nope. Stubborn little guy, gets that from his dad :)

OLD WIVES TALES TO INDUCE LABOR NATURALLY
  • Red Raspberry Leaf Tea
  • Pineapple
  • Walking
  • Rocking
  • Sex
  • Spicy Food
  • Chocolate
  • Acupressure
  • Warm baths
  • Coffee
And NONE of them worked. He is clearly not ready to come naturally. I guess it is nice having an exact date in mind though. Still scary and anxious but that should be normal.

Let's get to the 40 week questions!!

How far along? 40 weeks and 2 days today

Gender: boyyy

Total weight gain: 36 lbs..... omg :/

Maternity clothes: yup! I pretty much live in leggings and maternity/long tank tops. Lately it has been nice and I broke out the maxi skirt! And good ol yoga pants!

Stretch marks: None still!!!! Thank you lord! Hopefully stays that way. COCONUT OIL!!!

Sleep: None... Every hour I have to pee... it's clockwork really. He also likes to kick my ribs all the time and I can't get comfy .... and it's hot... so hot lol

Miss Anything:  Being able to cuddle my hubby and sit comfortably are definitely missed! You are just so awkward at this stage in pregnancy. Just feeling normal I miss. I know it sounds lame but I miss feeling skinny and being able to curl up and sleep on my stomach... But I also know I will miss having this belly once it's gone.


Cravings: Nothing really. I'm just not feeling food lately. Been eating rice and nutella on bread alot... not together though.

Symptoms: Contractions, Braxton Hicks, crampy, tired, overwhelmed, some gross things I will spare you....lol

Belly Button in or out: uhhh even? Corey says its out but I say it's not. Honestly it's just even, it doesn't stick out.. but it's not really an innie either.

Mood: This week has been a bit of a roller coaster. One day I'm super over being prego and so ready to meet my little guy then the next I'm nervous for the delivery and being completely responsible for a tiny little life! Im sure this is all normal at this point Its just a little nerve racking. And now I have an induction date for Wednesday my mind is going non stop.

Best Moment this week: Hanging out with Corey and the puppies and right now as the pups are going insane running around the apartment chasing each other and power sliding! HAHA So funny!

Looking forward to: On Monday we are gonna have our last date night as just "me and Corey". Tuesday is our day of getting all last minute stuff ready and then Wednesday is induction at 8am. I can't wait to feel his little feet that have been kicking me in the ribs for months!

Exercise: Just walking a few days a week now

MY WEEK IN PICTURES

 
Outfit of the day, which ended being wasted since by the time I was ready to run out I started feeling bad... So on went the yoga pants :(
 
Cuddling with my Marlee Noodles

One of my many walks to "induce labor"

 
Add swinging to the list

 
Got some sun while Corey hit golf balls
 
Thanks for reading!
Labor and Delivery post coming soon!
~Ashley~
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment