Monday, April 28, 2014

What I actually used from my labor hospital bag

First time mom here. Which means I research everything. I can't tell you how many blogs I read talking about what to bring to the hospital.  Most blogs seemed normal while others talked about bringing your entire house.  I brought what I'd thought I would use and a few " comforts from home".  So lets talk about what you actually use and what you don't need.

 
 


What I brought
Travel bag of toiletries and makeup
    * I used my shampoo and conditioner,  face wipes, moisturizer,  toothbrush and toothpaste and deodorant
    * I did not use any makeup lol its not that I didn't have time, I did. I just didn't really care. Yes there were lots of pictures. Did I look super amazing? No, I just pushed a 7.5 lb bowling ball out my hooha and I was kinda busy staring at him all day.

Clothing
   * nursing bra, 2 tops, 2 pairs of pants, socks and a hoodie
   * I did not use the nursing bra. I stayed in the gown they provided cuz your going to bleed.... alot. I'm glad I brought options of tops and pants. I wore the baggy pants and the loose top with the hoodie.
   * My room was hot so I didn't need a robe or slippers or anything like that.
   * I wore their gown and the underwear they provide. I didn't feel the need to use a nursing bra or top, or have a nursing cover. I mean everyone has seen your lady bits already so I didn't care to be discreet.  What's the point? I also only had Corey and the moms there so it didn't matter to me.

Baby Stuff
   * socks, mittens, wubbanub pacifier,  2 outfits and 2 blankets
   * I did not use the mittens or socks.

Dad Stuff
   * We used everything he brought
   * He said bringing a cooler with drinks and snacks was a great idea. He wished he brought more drinks though.
   * The hospital will have extra blankets and pillows so don't bring yours.


Hope this helps some!!! And remember, the hospital has to be prepared for a women to walk in randomly and be in labor. They are pretty stocked with what you really need.
Next up is post partum care and recovery

No comments:

Post a Comment